Pages

Friday, December 30, 2022

Getting lost on the Trail?


Remember the day before yesterday?  I had Trail Mix on the table for pinning-hum.  I got one 4' x 6' section all pinned and began getting the next section ready when I realized I had put the backing on going the wrong way!  Today, I made my fingers very sore when I took out all the pins, carefully measured each layer and labeled the short side/long side so I didn't get confused again.  Then, since I had it apart I thought I might as well fix the borders which looked like the ocean on a big wave day!  So now they have all been taken off.  Tomorrow they will be measured,  and starched heavily enough that they could stand alone ~they are flannel after all and therefore STRETCHY!  Hopefully, I will get them sewn back on as well.  I have to say all this difficulty comes from putting away one quilt to work on another!  I no longer knew the measurements, etc.  Maybe, I won't make that mistake again?   No, I probably will, sigh.

--------------------------------------
Today's weather in Greenwood, Missouri, USA
Temperatures:  High 63F/17C  Low 31F/-.5C
When I went out at noon didn't need a jacket!
-----------------------------------

75 more days!




 

3 comments:

  1. Oh how annoying! I always remember too late that I should have made notes before I put something away. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Gail! I know all about wavy borders and a good starching can work wonders. 17C is a cold day here in Sydney. We did have one night at -3C. Summer has finally arrived with today 31C. Rain and humidity tomorrow. Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all manage to put things away and then have to get them ready for quilting/fixing again!

    ReplyDelete