Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Trees

It was blustery today.  Trees are bare skeletons against the sky (which was actually blue part of the day!)  I stood in the patio door after letting the dogs in (or out-it's a game) and thought about what trees have to teach me.

 They have a solid root system developed over years.  I have been a sort of rolling stone but I get the appeal of being in one place all of one's life.

They are flexible.  The high branches literally danced in the North wind.  They bend under the weight of snow and ice.  Perhaps I can learn to dance in whatever the day brings and bend when the weight of life would threaten to break me.

They are strong.  There are a few things that break limbs (Ice, Tornados), split trunks (lightening) and there is always the threat of fire, but trees live through many adversities and for a very long time.  Humans are not so lucky-many things can kill us and we mostly have short-in the grand scheme of things-lives.

I often spend time with the lessons I see in nature, if only I could truly adopt those lessons!  Alas, I am after all, only human.



-----------------------------------
Today's weather in Greenwood, Missouri, USA

Temperatures:  High 34F  -2.2C  Low 24F  -4.4C
Very windy!  Cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon before the clouds rolled back in.  Pretty typical.
-------------------------------------
In 89 days I leave LAX for Australia!






2 comments:

  1. Nice observations. Trees are amazing. Beautiful clear sunny day here yesterday - the first for some time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to have a think about things from time to time!

    ReplyDelete