Pages

Friday, December 16, 2022

Baking!


I used to do a LOT of baking for the holidays but now everyone is choosing not to eat many sweets, sigh.  I do love to bake.
The only time of the year I make Povitica  (p-tetska) is at Christmas.
A wonderful sweet bread with a walnut filling.  It isn't particularly difficult except for the rolling out.  The dough has to be really thin, rolled as large as possible then stretched by putting a hand underneath and pulling it out.  Usually, I have to stop and let the dough rest at least once.  After spreading the filling on the dough, you roll it up in a long "Snake" and cut it to fit the pans.  
It is SO good!  My children are always afraid I won't make it!  I keep offering to teach anyone and everyone how to make it but so far there are no takers!  (I have considered making a video of the process, but that would mean learning how to make a video!)


These are Call for Seconds cookies.  My middle son and his wife love them!  They will be in tonight sometime so I made a batch.  I had to make a special trip to the store as the coconut I thought I had seems to have disappeared!  I haven't made them in so long I forgot how many they make!  If I ever needed to take a lot of cookies somewhere this would be a good choice;

I'd be happy to share recipes if anyone would like.

How about an overload of cuteness?
The girls waiting to play the in-out game again!

---------------------------------
Today's Weather in Greenwood, Missouri, USA
Temperatures:  High  32F  0C  With a feels like temp of 17F  -8.3C  due to a 20mph wind coming out of the west northwest.  Low  22F  -5.5C
This morning when the sun came up the sky was blue!  I had rainbows in my bedroom for the first time in many days.  Of course, by noon it was gray again.
--------------------------------

Only 88 more days!

 

3 comments:

  1. Your baking looks amazing.The dogs look very happy in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your walnut bread sounds delicious, but it would only be me eating it so that's a no no! What a lot of cookies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell those cookies.

    ReplyDelete