Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2022

And Now It's December!

 Time to get ready for Christmas (and the four birthdays this month!)

The big grandsons came on Sunday and hung my outside lights so that's done.  If only I could find the timer for them.

My great room looked like this earlier today.


The dining area with the table covered with boxes, lights and one cottage, red totes on the floor.  Turn the other way towards the front windows and there's another mess.

More red totes, more boxes, the tree is up and the lights are nearly on.  Oh did I mention the ladder?  The tree is a bit over 8 feet tall and I am 5ft 3in-I need both a ladder and a step stool to do the tree!

Tonight it looks somewhat better.  The tree is finished so the ladder and step stool have returned to the garage, two red totes and the tree box have returned to the upstairs.  If only they could carry themselves up!

My small collection of Santa's have found their homes on the Mantle as well.  OOPS, I just remembered there is another one-somewhere.

Tomorrow, I will help the North Pole Cottages find their spots and deal with odds and ends.  That will leave hanging the stockings for Saturday providing I go to the craft store for ribbon!  

Then Christmas decorating will be finished and the debris cleared-thank goodness.

--------------------------------

My outling last week was to my youngest son's for Thanksgiving! The food was good and the company great.  A very Social day.  I came home Friday very tired.

--------------------------------

New Feature:  The Weather in Greenwood, Missouri, USA

At 9:00pm it is 46 F (7.7C) tonights low is to be 40F (4.4C).  It was cloudy (think dull gray not the lovely fluffy white ones) and breezy.  We were under a Red Flag warning as conditions were favorable for quickly spreading fires.  It has been very dry here.  Today's low humidity combined with lots of dead grass and leaves-a little spark becomes a fire pretty quickly.  I saw several places along the road on Thanksgiving where there had been grass fires.  Not large burns thankfully.

---------------------------------

I intend to blog every day this month.  I need to get back in the habit.  I was reading some old blogs - I wrote much more interesting stuff then!  I'll try to do better.

So, Until tomorrow then!


4 comments:

  1. Have fun with all those decorations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the mess and boxes are worth it once the decorations are up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m looking forward to seeing all your decorations. It’s a big job setting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have grandsons to help. It is starting to look a lot like Christmas at your house.

    ReplyDelete