Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2022

A little finish!

Last Saturday my garbage disposal died!
Why does this always happen on a weekend?  
The day before I'm having the family for dinner?

Anyway,  the sink had a crack in the rim and has needed replacing for a couple of years.  I was reluctant to have anyone in the house- because COVID!  
Since, the garbage disposal would need replacing as well as the sink I decided to do both at once.  I had a double bowl before which I really hated-big cookie sheets need big spaces.  After measuring and discussing sizing etc I bought a nice single bowl.  
It took the plumber about 6 hours over 2 days to get everything installed as all the plumbing under the sink had to be re-done and a new drain pipe run up from the basement.
I LOVE IT!


Now, for the little finish!

Ta Da!

A portable placemat!  I was inspired by Jo .  That said I didn't make mine like she makes here.  (Sorry Jo)  I wanted to use up some more tumblers and they do not lend themselves to the quilt as you go method Jo uses.

Tumblers require me to improvise!


OOPS, this is upside down!  And looks wonky but that's the grass doing that.
Not perfect but perfectly portable.
I'll be putting it in my backpack and taking it along on my trip Down Under next year!
It already has a set of reusable chopsticks and a metal straw loaded for the trip!

I feels good to have finally DONE
SOMETHING!

 

7 comments:

  1. Great finish Gail and your new sink looks great - I agree, those little double sinks are useless for washing big things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I'll look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful new sink, good to get it all fixed up. Great sewing, I too will look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new sink looks wonderful!
    What a great use of some of your leftover, amazing tumblers! So jealous that you are going to Scrub Stitchin'!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sink looks great, the size is great, and the placemat makes good use of the tumblers. Great that you are travelling down under.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the sink...........I'm a big sink girl..........don't see the purpose of a double sink.........love you tumbler place mat........OMG I still can't believe your coming down under...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic little finish and a great new sink! I am excited for you.

    ReplyDelete