Pages

Monday, July 11, 2022

Stargazing


Not at the night sky but at the lovely blooms of Stargazer lilies.


Most of the flowers have stopped blooming as it has been horrid hot lately.  
The Gardens are looking rather pathetic!

The corn is tasseled and a few cobs are forming but they still aren't tall enough  or strong enough to allow the beans to use them as stakes.  I have put some wooden stakes in that bed to hold the beans up and they are flopping over the top.  They do at least have beans forming.  The French beans I planted in the raspberry bed have been eaten to the stem by rabbits, sigh.  They might recover but if they do the rabbits will likely get them again!
The grape and cherry tomatoes have given me several "Tastes"
The weather this year has gone from unusual Cool (60'sF), wet weather to hot (90'sF), dry  weather practically overnight-no one likes it.  The only good thing about that heat is that blue grass doesn't grow above 90F so I don't have to mow until the weeds get tall.
The hot and dry means I have to water most every day, I do wonder why it doesn't bother the weeds!
Such an exciting topic but seriously nothing much is going on here.  I haven't been sewing much (or keeping house for that matter) with the heat I have trouble sleeping which leaves me tired most of the time.  This too shall pass.




 

8 comments:

  1. I love the scent of those lillies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if my comments are coming through Gail. Your lillies are gorgeous. Whacky weather is the pits. The weeds are flourishing here but it’s been too wet to get into the garden to deal with them. Ann. A Good Yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the flowers are so pretty......hope you get a break from the heat......at least you got one from the mowing........weeds thrive in any condition.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful lillies Gail. That second one is very eye-catching. At least the hot weather means you'll get a good crop of tomatoes? We had so much rain here (Sydney) over our summer that nothing grew properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous lilies Gail. I hope you get some settled weather, sounds very up and down! Those pesky rabbits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely lilies. I never feel like doing much in the heat either.

    ReplyDelete