Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2022

It seems I need to "Catch UP" again!

 After a long day stitching along on ZOOM with the Chookshed Stitchers, including the amazing Chooky, last Friday I haven't taken a stitch!

First, On Saturday I drove to Columbia (MO about 2 Hours east of me) to visit my youngest son and his family.  I never know what we'll get up to while I'm there!  This time we were off to watch Ryan(age 7) play Soccer! Number 52 is quite serious about soccer-I think he and his cousin Kolby(age 13) will have fun together.



His team won and he scored a goal!

There was some sort of traffic mess on I-70 and both westbound lanes were at a dead stop.  I decided that there were other ways for me to get home so I took the nearest exit, well the highway patrol was pretty much insisting I get off but I had planned to anyway.  I got out the GPS function on my phone and had a lovely backroads trip between I-70 and 50 hwy.  I love back roads!  Everything is lovely , so lush and green - much rain and not enough heat to bake everything!  It might have added 15 minutes to the trip but it was so worth it-I might take that trip again!

Usually, the day after one of those trips I am pretty tired and this time was no different.  I'm getting old.  I've been sucked into the YouTube universe and I can't get out!  Strangely enough I like watching Chinese TV programs- thank goodness for subtitles.  I do think they need help saying exactly what they mean so the translations must be fairly literal.  Anyway, they are fun-who can resist watching a show called "My Girlfriend is an Alien?" Not me.

I have been trying really hard to get my veggies in the past week but there have been glitches.
Rain, for one. 
Asthma attacks for another.
I can't do anything about the rain but with medications and a face mask I CAN manage to breathe well enough to work a couple of hours or so every day.  Then, in the afternoon I just sleep.  Everything is just exhausting-even grocery shopping. This is not normal for me and I can't say that I am liking  it.  If it gets worse I will call the doctor, I'm pretty sure I can't get in to see her so if it gets really bad I'll be heading to the Emergency Room.

Today, I'm trying to get caught up a bit with housework-cause it rained last night!
Tomorrow is to be dry and Monday until evening so perhaps I can get some flowers planted.  I've found the kitchen at least! Hopefully, I can run the vacuum later.
Maybe, I'll even take some stitches later.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your grandson playing soccer, my 32 year old has started playing again and we are off to watch him this afternoon. I hope you get a chance to get your veges in and the flowers, and that you feel better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was great to have you join us for so long on zoom...... Other then the traffic sounds like a good trip to the kids......
    Hope the asthma settles fast......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are keeping plenty busy, it seems. I do hope you can find an answer to the fatigue!

    ReplyDelete