Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Wow, almost a month without a post!

So,

What on earth have I been doing? I have no idea!

Mostly, waiting for Spring.  I think it might be here.

Blueberries in bloom-maybe I'll actually get to eat some this year!
Only if I put some netting on them!
I have done some work in their bed-enlarged and connected two skinny ones.
Then planted strawberries between the bushes.

My Lilac bush has grown tall enough that I can see it from my bedroom window.  
No blossoms that high, but it does smell delightful.

All the hostas are up-some more than others-so they survived last years dividing and replanting.  Soon this will be filled with GREEN!

The violets have invaded! They are scattered throughout my lawn as well as in the flower beds.  I hate to mow as it cuts the blossoms off and these flowers are here such a short time.
They can be invasive so sometimes I have to dig them up, boy that hurts!
I love them SO much.

I have been digging up the pretty yellow flowers (Dandelions-what idiot decided they were a noxious weed?) as well as cleaning out flower beds and getting veggie beds ready for next month.  That is when it isn't raining!

I have been moving back into the studio-it's still chilly down there but I can't stand the clutter upstairs.  I have thought up a way to possibly decrease the area that has to be heated-one that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. It means re-arranging everything (it seems like I've done that 100 times already.)
So, that is progressing.
When I'm finished I'll give you a tour.
Maybe, I'll even get to stitch!



 

3 comments:

  1. I do love violets also and while I had some early on in marriage they have disappeared in droughts.......I would have trouble mowing them but that never was an issue here........goodluck on sorting your space.........hope it warms up soon.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail. It feels great to see spring coming. It is a lovely time of year. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you are heading into spring, we are almost into the cold, tho def not as cold as you have. No snow in this part of the country. I too have those invasive violets and would be happy to leave them if they stayed in one garden bed!

    ReplyDelete