Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

My 2022 Word of the Year



I have never been able to decide on a word for the year but this year On the way home from Nashville I decided that "JOY" was perfect.

Inspired by a song from the Indigo Girls called "There's Still my Joy" (You can see the video on Youtube-just search for it.)

The definition of Joy:

1.  the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation

2.  a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated

3.  the expression or display of glad feeling; festive, gaiety

4.  a state of happiness or felicity

So I'm gong for anything that lifts my heart or makes me smile.

Like:  bluebirds skies, prism rainbows or blown glass balls.

I intend to take a moment and take in what ever it is that makes me smile!

Then write it in my gratitude journal.


I feel like I'm behind on all of the beginning of the year stuff, January is one third gone and I'm still working on getting 2022 set up!  Putting in long days at cleaning right now and all my muscles are screaming!




8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I heard someone recently say that she looked for happiness in the small things-like a cup of coffee, guess she really likes coffee. I took that thought and made it mine. I will look for JOY in the small things. At the moment I'm filled with Joy at having the great room cleaned!

      Delete
  2. I too feel like I am behind on my beginning of the year stuff as far as posting. I do have my goals in place though and am working on them "joyfully".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm about to catch up planning-only travel left and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon! I usually do all the planning etc in the week between Christmas and New Years (Untime) but I was in Nashville so it didn't happen!

      Delete
  3. I do hope you have a joyous 2022. I’ve jotted down some goals for 2022, but seem to be struggling to actually make a start on them. I’m sure we will both get into the swing of things before too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a list of things I'd like to do but I'm still stuck with Paper Dolls! Between that and cleaning house I'm busy and tired every night!

      Delete
  4. We could all adopt Joy as part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete