Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2022

FNSI For January, Zooming and family

 


The current state of Paper Dolls!

Since I live in the US and some of you are a day ahead of me I'm reporting on both my Thursday and Friday nights for Friday Night Sew In.
I worked both nights getting Paper Dolls fixed and completely back together!
Today, I sandwiched it so tomorrow I can begin the quilting.
I had such fun making the dolls and such a struggle getting it into a quilt!
I planned to have it finished this month~It's going to be close.

When my shoulders got tired I moved on the cross-stitch.

Put in the door and began red.  Not bad for just a couple of hours.

Then on my Saturday,  there was a ZOOM chat with the Chookshed stitchers!
I spent the time listening (gotta love all the accents) and seeing what every one was working on.  I worked on Tumbler Confetti

I got two rows complete and a third nearly finished.  I'm running a big zig zag stitch down the seam to get the seams flat~so much fabric there.
Now that Paper Dolls if off the design wall I'll be moving this over there, I need the space and the distance.  

This morning I had a text~ Do you feel like a visit from the grandkids today?
I always feel like a visit from the Grands!
Scott (my youngest) brought Ryan and Izzy up from Columbia and spent the afternoon.
They've all had too many days at home together!
Schools shut down from COVID related issues.  I expect some cases and a lack of staff.

Izzy likes to look down on us from the top of the stairs!

Scott and Ryan played Hungry Hungry Hippos, and dominoes, and. . . .
I got to cook baked potato soup for them, which they love!  Ryan had THREE bowls.
Then there was a Mango which Izzy preferred to the soup but she ate that too.
In between everything else Scott and I had a nice visit~we agree sometimes you just need to talk to an adult!
After clean up, and a BIG marshmallow Scott rounded them up and headed back home.  
Izzy goes back to school tomorrow so Scott will only have Ryan which will make working from home much simpler.

I think I'm going to do some computer work before I turn off the studio heater and lay my head upon the pillows.










11 comments:

  1. The cross stitch is beautiful, and that Confetti Quilt - yummy! I love the effect it has so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will forever be remembered by the Tumbler Confetti!

      Delete
  2. You know I love the paper dolls so glad they are heading in the right direction again..... Confetti tumblers is pretty cool and was so nice to catch you on zoom...... And I just read Deana's post and she also commented on the accents which I also love to hear.....
    What a lovely surprise to see about and the kids......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too, am happy to see Paper Dolls making forward progress!

      Delete
  3. Good progress in the sewing room and how lovely to have that unexpected visit from the grandies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes seeing those two littles is a bright spot!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good time with family.
    You know the Tumbler Confetti project blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't seen the kiddos since December! Mostly my son needed a break from being cooped up with the two of them! I really can not figure out why you find Tumbler Confetti so amazing-it's lovely that you feel that way!

      Delete
  5. tumblers sooo pretty! and oh the cross-stitch is beautiful...good to see you on zoom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely visit with your garandies.
    Your scrappy tumblers are coming along, what a great use of skinny strings. What is the name of the cross stitch design?

    ReplyDelete