Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

October Possibilities and some musing

This is a long one~grab a cuppa.

This is beginning of the changing of leaves.
I have four maple trees on my lot~none of them turn the scarlet that Maples are known for!
Big sigh.
Leaves are falling some as well, although not to the "Raining leaves" stage yet.
That's next.

I'm not even discussing how the September Possibilities List came out!  It's enough to say 
NOT WELL.



The October Possibilities list seems shorter.
I'm probably dreaming that!

Get Paper Dolls quilted~that's already begun but I have a LONG way to go.

Trail Mix~ just make some progress, no matter how small, on the quilting.  I'm getting better but it's still slow.

Tumber Confetti~ How about getting it to flimsy stage?  I am almost finished making tumblers  so progress already!

Civil War Sampler and Hexies~ the never ending WISPS~ a bit further on if you will

Cross Stitch~ Forward progress on the Sleigh, it's 16 count so harder to see.
Maybe, that's why so much un-stitching is happening?  
Also there's that pesky biscornu pin cushion to make, sigh

Make the window treatments for Ceili.  They are all cut, I just need to sew.

Deal with all the odds and ends of batting.

Speaking of Ceili, I want to go out again~ possibly somewhere that isn't the farm.
I don't know, the farm is amazing in Ceili.  I can probably keep Quinn out of the pool.
At any rate, another trip to the farm will happen.

Work on the Family History at least an hour daily.
I can't get Ancestry to load today so maybe not today.
I'll never get finished but that's okay, I'm learning a LOT!

Try new recipes.  One of the few things I did last month!
Bake!

Stretch and walk every day.

Convert the bottom of the chest on chest (used the top in Ceili) into a storage bench.
Paint it blue and make a cushion for the top. 
(I think I have the fabric for that!)

Read 2 Non-fiction books.  I'm well into one at the moment.  Will do a book report later!


This time of the year I have to do a bunch of "get ready for the cold" things.
Deal with leaves,
Clean out the gutters~more than once most likely.
Knock down the spider webs.
Bring in the potted plants, table umbrella, and hoses.
Touch up some paint and replace a piece of siding that came off when I had the house washed.
Clean the garage.

Now for the musing.
I find it tremendously difficult to make decisions~and not making one IS a decision.
I've known for a while that something was holding me back from selling the house.
Besides being lazy that is.
So, I figured some of it out this past week:
1.  All the "Staying Safe" during the pandemic~that's a fear response.  Anyway, that fear has leaked into other areas of my life.  Staying here in this house would be SAFER.  I have this tattoo of a Celtic symbol of courage on my arm to remind me to have some!  


This one is a bit easier to get past.  Also, while I love the house I DO NOT want to live in Greenwood.

2.  There aren't enough campsites in the US for all the folks who own RV's etc.  That means that to live in Ceili takes a lot of planning and plotting and I haven't done ANY of that yet.  I don't even really know where I want to go.  Here's the big one~I DO NOT really want to live full time in Ceili.

3.  This is a little foolish but I don't want to be without my things.  Oh, there are some things that I wouldn't miss at all!  My Mother's China comes to mind, never did like it.  BUT there are small collections that make me smile that I would seriously miss.  Some I've figured out a way to take along in Ceili but others it just won't be possible and my crystals won't refract into rainbows.  (Ceili has tinted windows.)  Plus, you know as well as I do that the sewing tools (or any other tools), fabric etc that you leave behind will be just what you need when you are far away from that storage unit.

4.  Lastly, my truck has developed several issues which suggest that I need to replace it.
I DO NOT want another truck.  While Ceilie is light and I could get a SUV or Jeep I really DO NOT want a tow vehicle.  If I have to buy a new vehicle I'd like one of the small SUVs like the Rav 4.

So there's a lot I don't want.
I just need to figure out what I do want.
Easier said than done.


 

4 comments:

  1. To start with, good luck with your October possibilities. I'm sure you will do OK, if not necessarily achieve them all. As for your musings. If it was me, I'd be doing a bit more musing and writing lists of pros and cons of either living in Ceili, or staying put, or moving to another house in a different neighbourhood. It is not as if you have to sell immediately. I do hope you work out what is best for you in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling good about the October Possibles-thanks for your support! I'll be thinking and thinking about what I'm planning to do next. Listing the house has been put on hold for a few months. I'm still working at getting it ready but one more Christmas here will be good, I think. Anyway, I'll figure it out!

      Delete
  2. All the best with your decision making, sometimes a bit tricky knowing what to do, and making decisions on your own, and if there is no urgency to have to move, take your time and all will unfold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am just slowing down on everything, the house is not to be sold this year and I'm comfortable with that. More comfortable than I was with selling it. I'm going forward with the idea that decisions that make me comfortable are the correct ones!

      Delete