Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Catching up Part 2

 I am not working on anything particularly exciting at the moment.  I decided I needed to finish stuff instead.
I did decide on the arrangement to use on what I'm now calling "Tumbler Confetti."
Once I've finished making all the tumblers I'll color in some diamonds and play around with layout then glue them on a sheet of paper, then organize each row as I go.  Well, I will have to pull out all the papers before I can do that!  I have finished with red and am working on the Pink/Purple strips.  After that I have a small amount of yellow/orange and brown/tan.  All the strips are sewn together so It's just the boring event of sewing them down and cutting them out.

I also began a Cross stitch piece of Santa and his sleigh.  It hasn't gotten far enough along to show you yet.  The first part always involves unstitching!

I have put some quilting into Trail Mix and added another block to the Civil War Sampler.

Mostly, when I'm in the studio I'm cleaning, sorting and packing.  Nearly finished with that.
Why do I let it become SUCH a MESS?

6 comments:

  1. Your tumblers look great, taking out the papers is a slow job for sure. Good to have a sort and tidy up now and then, my sewing room could do with the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think the tumblers may put my eyes out when they are all together! Paper dolls made such a mess plus I've probably put off clearing up. I know I was at the point where I was constantly looking for things. Glad it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those little tumblers are so cute...........
    glad to hear trail mix is moving forward.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm rethinking the layout-perhaps smaller diamonds would be better? Most everything is making very slow progress but Trail Mix has me excited for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tumbler Confetti will be stunning. So many tiny pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the tumbler colours. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete