Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Only three left!


After I made these seven I have only three left!
I continue to enjoy them but truly will be happy to get going towards a finished quilt!
This week will see those final three done and then sashing and cornerstones cut.

I've been busy doing other things.
Cleaning and sorting.
Got the garage tidied up, it will look even better when I have all the trailer things IN Ceili.
The studio is chaos.
I want to measure all the big pieces, store them in a tidy and easy to retrieve manner.
As I do that I'm going to make up an inventory.
If I'm to sew in Ceili I have to be organized about it.
(No more paper dolls!  They are SO messy!)

Pulled up a great many weeds in the gardens.
They got away from me, sigh.

I've worked diligently on the Hickam's of Virginia.
Now I have piles of stuff to put into sleeves and binders.
I've printed so much that I've now run out of ink for the second time.

I've managed to stretch most days and meditate a few.
I have a bit of trouble with meditating as I often fall asleep!

I'm rather pleased with myself this week.


 

12 comments:

  1. Well done Gail - it will be good to see all your dolls put together. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Once the dolls are all complete I probably won't show them until the quilt is finished!

      Delete
  2. And you should be pleased with yourself, you got lots done. Loving your dolls, I do understand though they are lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week, getting ready to sell a house is not fun. The dolls have been fun-I only hope Izzy likes the quilt.

      Delete
  3. You’ve certainly achieved a lot. Weeds - aarrgghh! They grow better than the plants. The Doll blocks look so good. What a super quilt it’s going to be. Isn’t there a saying that you have to make a mess to clear a mess?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard that saying but I know it's true that before you clean up you ALWAYS make the mess worse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me tired just reading all that. I take it the weather has cooled down a bit. Good luck with getting everything sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tired! Overdid it and am paying for it! The weather has been up and down-several days with heat advisories then several days of the 80'sF. You just pick your days and go out early-well on Heat advisory days you don't go out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable...i was wondering what you meant when you were talking about paper dolls...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I've had a fabulous time making them!

      Delete