Pages

Friday, July 16, 2021

One step forward-two steps back --8 more dolls

 


I finally got the back made for this Make a Connection.
It involved 4 pieces of fleece and
one trip to the fabric store.
Then,
I laid it out on the table and began tying it.
Got two whole rows done.
When, I realized that the back and the top where going in different directions!
Wait!
What!
So, all the ties were taken out-Carefully.
Then everything got turned round the right way.
Tying began again.
One step forward two steps back, sigh.

I made 8 paper dolls since my last post!
The little girl in her wheelchair took two nights-20 pieces!







12 comments:

  1. What a nuisance! It’s a good looking quilt. Those paper doll blocks are fabulous. That’s going to be a very special quilt indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope Izzy likes it for a vey long time.

      Delete
  2. Oh so annoying to have to go backwards. Cute little dolls. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I very nearly screamed! The dolls are still fun!

      Delete
  3. oh bugger with the red quilt.........it does looks great so worth the effort......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty disappointed when I noticed it, at least I hadn't tied more of it!

      Delete
  4. Busy, busy at your place. You must nearly have all the paper dolls done by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep busy as I get really bored and then quite down if I don't. I have, I think 12 more dolls of the original set to do then I'll have to lay it out and decide how many, if any, I need to make.

      Delete
  5. Nothing worse than finding a woops part way through! Love the colour and it looks really good. Your dolls look wonderful too. Great to see what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a BIG Whoops! I'm happy to have discovered it when I did. The "dolls" are coming along. I've been having fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a BIG Whoops! I'm happy to have discovered it when I did. The "dolls" are coming along. I've been having fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a BIG Whoops! I'm happy to have discovered it when I did. The "dolls" are coming along. I've been having fun with them.

    ReplyDelete