Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

First harvest and the "I don't wanna" days

 


I picked my first tomatoes today!
This handful of yellow-orange cherry tomatoes.
I ate them all immediately after I took this photo!

I made three more Paper dolls after the ZOOM chat with the Chookshed stitchers,
I expect you're getting tired of seeing them.
I've also nearly finished the top for the Red Connect quilt
(that should happen after this.)
I've cut the lawn and trimmed the edges around the fence.
I have a bit of work in the yard tomorrow.

I spent all of Saturday and Sunday hiding out in the basement/studio 
with Quinn.
We were hiding from the fireworks.
All those really loud bangs really upset her.
We came upstairs late and the fireworks didn't stop until well past midnight!
That made three nights in a row where sleep was hard to come by due to fireworks.
Just when I was drifting off to sleep---BOOM!
Big adrenaline rush!
I think I might hate them now.

Then, "I don't wanna's" showed up today.
I didn't even want to take a nap!
Probably due to not being caught up on sleep-
(I'm a sleep zealot!)
Hopefully, tonight's long nap will bring an end to them.
I'm not trying a Paper Doll while I'm tired-
that would probably be an exercise in frustration 
which would likely mean I would have to do that one over.







6 comments:

  1. Homegrown tomatoes. Yum. I bet they tasted a lot better than the store bought ones. Poor Quinn, puppas don’t like those big noises. Hopefully now you will have some uninterrupted sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yummy! We have to gethrough this Saturday night and the city fireworks event before we can hope for no more. This town lets people light fireworks basically any time-birthdays, graduation, gender reveal etc annoying!

      Delete
  2. Oh I would love to see your paper dolls.....great to have you join us on zoom..........love catching up.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put a post up tomorrow with the "dolls" from the past week. So love the ZOOM chats! I'm going to upgrade my cell data so I can still do them while out in my camper.

      Delete
  3. Always happy to see the paper dolls. Hopefully you can catch up on sleep now the fireworks are (hopefully) done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post a weekly effort on the "Dolls" and about fireworks-more to come this Saturday with the city's event.

      Delete