Pages

Monday, June 21, 2021

More Heat=More Paper Dolls

Today is quite a lot cooler, but the last week has been awful 
so
 more time was spent in the Studio.
(Which in on the way to being clean by the way!
I didn't just make paper dolls!)
More paper dolls were made-6 more!

This little boy with his float was hard to figure out but I think he turned out okay.


I'm not sure about this little girl-she doesn't show up well against her background.
Plus the dots show through.
May have to remake her.
 

I haven't been really happy with the skin tone colors, so I'm looking for some more.


Lots of little swimmers!




The trees are a nice easy break from the dolls.
Still very slow but I'm learning some tricks as I go along.
 

I was actually a bit afraid to try these
I'm glad I did!
They are so much fun!
Now that I have the fabric organized better I won't make such a horrid mess!
Maybe.

Now, I feel a bit braver and up for trying somethings that are harder.


9 comments:

  1. Your dolls look wonderful. Could you try a double skin layer on the girl with the spots showing I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may try the double skin on any dolls I make from here out The spotty one will be a total loss -they are assembled in layers of stitching as I change the thread color for each piece. I will try the double layer on one I'm doing today!

      Delete
  2. The "paper dolls" are so cute, and all decked out for summer fun in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the next ones are fall!

      Delete
  3. They look great! So much character. Perhaps you could interface the face fabrics? Glad you’ve had some cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just going to put the "White" ones on solid pink so if it shows up the little people will be a bit pink!

      Delete
  4. your paper dolls are looking great...goodluck cleaning up.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did pretty good with the cleaning up-now IF I could just keep it that way.

      Delete
  5. Very cute. Fun to chat with you on Chooky's Zoom, I hope you'll be inspired to quilt your miniature soon.

    ReplyDelete