Pages

Monday, June 14, 2021

Progress, I think


It's been HOT!
Like the 90's (F) (32-36 C)!
I am not a fan of HOT.
Really that is putting it mildly.
I get cabin fever from being inside on gorgeous summer days because
It's SO HOT!
There are a couple of good things about it:
1.  Bluegrass (lawn) goes dormant over 90F-so it doesn't have to be mowed.
Unless the weeds get too tall, that is.
2.  My studio is in the basement, 
coolest spot in the house right now.
That means I head down there in the afternoon
and
STAY!

While I did not get the studio cleaned,
I decided that the best way to tidy up was to finish up.

In no way am I finished but I did add 4 blocks to the paper dolls.
I'm especially fond of the baseball one.
KC for the Royals,
I added the ball and bat.


I completed this top.
Called Make a Connection from All People Quilt.
Super simple and quick.
I have another one in red to do.
Once I get a backing made I intend to tie it.
With these two I' will have made a dent in the flannel box!

Otherwise, 
I've made good progress on the garage.
Considering that I can only work out there early in the day,
once it gets hot I have to stop.
Another day or two and that should be finished.

There have been naps,
and long rests with a book.
I think I've finally made it over the hump!



 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing well with your sorting. Love the paper doll blocks and the blue quilt is great .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm working hard at the cleaning-I've fill both my recycle bin and my trash bin twice so far! The Paper dolls are so much fun, If only I could remember to iron the fusible to the WRONG side of the fabric!

      Delete
  2. Hi Gail. We have had similar temperatures for the last week - storms should be coming in tonight, I hope! I am not keen either although it has given me a chance to do a lot of sewing and painting things in the afternoons. Your blocks are fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Lin! Sorry about the heat and I hope we both get a break soon. I'm having such fun with those little paper dolls! They are messy though-all the papers and bit of fabric everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kind of heat is a real energy zapper. At least you have a nice cool basement to retreat to. Nice work on your projects. Once never tied a quilt and would appreciate seeing how it’s done.

    ReplyDelete