Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Paper Dolls

The last two nights I have been playing with these!
Paper Dolls.
I haven't put their faces on just yet.
I want to use fabric paint/markers for the faces.
Izzy is only 2 and buttons might not be a good idea for eyes!


They aren't perfect,
and they take me about two hours each!
I sew all that blanket stitch really slowly so it's just right,
plus
I had an oops moment and ironed on the stabilizer to the right side of the fabric
a couple of times, sigh.
So those had to be re-cut.

I've been ready to start these for weeks and weeks, 
I think I was a bit afraid I'd bugger it up.
Instead, 
I'm finding them really fun!

 

10 comments:

  1. Super cute, Gail!!
    Your careful stitching makes for a quality finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope I can keep it up and that little Miss Izzy likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. How many do you been to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I have 40 more to do~

      Delete
  4. They are looking good. It must be fun picking the fabric for their clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! It is fun picking out their clothes, using up tiny scraps. Some of those pieces are pretty small! The little buses on the boy's shirt are from the selvedge, so that's fun. It gets my creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great Gail, and i love the little boy's shirt, I made some of these blocks into a quilt for my GD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look terrific an Izzy will enjoy them I'm sure. No buttons are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete