Pages

Friday, May 21, 2021

Another week it's in the dust ( or maybe I should say MUD!)

First, there has been some stitching this week!  All these pairs of two's are now being made into 4's in a row  -not a patch.  They are for a couple of quilts called Make a Connection for Ryan and Izzy.  The solid blue for one is already cut as well-maybe I'll cut the red tonight.  Well, to do that I have to clean my cutting tables-YIKES!

It has rained everyday since I got home!  The backyard literally squishes when you walk in it and the grass is so tall it's going to seed-pour Quinn's belly gets wet!  Looking at the forecast it will be Monday for mowing and then the rain begins again!

Otherwise, I dealing with this!




When I came home last Friday I brought 98% of the "stuff" in the trailer home!  I had fought that "Stuff" all the while I was painting, so I decided to bring it home and sort through it.  This corner of my living room is full of all that "Stuff" plus other things that need to be in the trailer.  This does NOT include any clothing or food! The amount of space taken up by "trailer packing" is likely to grow over the next few days! 

Unfortunately, I ran out of the paint for the walls and since it was a custom color I needed to go to Lowes to get more and that was an hour away.  I have only the second coat in the bathroom and the storage shelves to paint, and the inevitable touch up.  I'm not looking forward to either but bathrooms are such a pain to paint and this one has only 2 feet between the toilet and the tub!  I have a bit of the base coat of ceiling paint left to do as well and then a coat of glaze.

So, I'm picking the trailer up on Tuesday (really hope that tire isn't truly FLAT-the storage place said they had to air it up to put it away) and taking it to a nearby campground to finish the painting and to CLEAN it before replacing all of THAT "Stuff" inside.

There are a couple of other things on the list of TO DO's that I'll do then as well.  Since it's nearby, I can run back and forth to the house as I need to.  Hopefully, everything will be done by this time next week as I'm going camping with Beth's bunch over the holiday weekend. A shakedown cruise!  I hope it doesn't RAIN!




 

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you are getting there with the trailer.......hope the tyre isn't flat but maybe it needs a repair even if it isn't......
    enjoy your time away......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are busy with painting, hope you can get more paint and that the tyre is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paint has been acquired and the box of painting supplies is ready to go. Tuesday, the fun begins

      Delete
  3. Too much rain is never a good thing. We could do with a little here. Hope you got everything you wanted to get done and had a fun weekend away.

    ReplyDelete