Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2021

This happened!


At long last I have Trail Mix ready for quilting.
I really wasn't feeling like sewing for the last few weeks.
Sometimes, 
I didn't even go down to the studio.
Then,
when I did feel like it the backing gave me trouble!
I thought I had bought enough navy flannel to made the back,
But,
as it turned out,
the fabric was only 40" wide not 42"
which meant I was dealing with 38" after the selvedges were cut off!
URGH!
Much arithmetic and finally graph paper were needed to figure it out.
Days of thinking.
But all that is in the past and I am ready to quilt.
As soon as I figure out my new quilt frame.
And,
Figure out how to load it.
Still, I'm making progress.
Not much will be happening this week though 
as I'm off to Columbia to play with IZZY!
Her classroom at day care is closed due to another child testing positive for 
THE VIRUS,
Mommy and Daddy both need to work so Granna is off to visit.
I think cookies will be baked!

 

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be able to spend some time with Izzy. Trail Mix is an impressive quilt and the navy flannel backing will make for a warm, soft snuggly one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to visiting with Izzy and the rest of her family. The last year has been really difficult missing them. Trail Mix will go into Ceili I think. So many places I travel are Air Conditioning in the day and three quilts at night!

      Delete
  2. Always a major task I find, layering up a quilt! Have fun with Izzy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't like to sandwich a big quilt. I'm going to try quilt as you go on the next one. Izzy and I will have a great time, she's a doll and at 2 it doesn't take much to entertain her. Then when big brother comes home I get to play with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great.... Goodluck working out your frame...
    Have fun with Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the good wishes-I think I might need them!
    Izzy's 2 fun is easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, hooray - Trail Mix in plaids is wonderful!
    I hope you enjoy your time with little Izzy! Sad someone got sick, but it opens an opportunity for Grandma to spend time with her little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is such a cutie and I've missed so much growth and change over the last year-I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy grandma time with your family, and well done on the Trail Mix finish, (well almost finish), the first step, on the home run now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Being with Izzy has been so much fun!

      Delete
  9. Trail Mix looks wonderful, have fun with Izzy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I had a blast with Izzy but she is now back in school and I am back at home!

    ReplyDelete