Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The calendar says April 20, not sure that's right

Yep, snow!
1-2 inches here at my house.
The bluebird is covered and freezing!


A very Wet snow sticks to everything so it's quite pretty.
BUT, it's very hard on trees when they are all leafed out.
It gets quite heavy and branches break.


Even Quinn, who really likes the snow, is not impressed!
Guess she's ready to be done with the stuff.


My backyard.
If you look closely you can see Quinn's footprints!

At least it has stopped coming down 
and 
is now MELTING!

I'm going to go throw down some grass seed.
My Granddad always said the best time to seed was on the last snow of winter.
I always wondered how you knew it was the last snow!
Surely, this is the last?
 

14 comments:

  1. I do love it when you share the quilt pics......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little confused as these are snow pics! I know you just have quilts on the brain! I really hope there are no more snow pics this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, snow. Where do you live? We're in Portland and we had unseasonably late snow, but that was in February. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the Kansas City, Missouri Metroplex-A little town called Greenwood. This is late for us, although we have had snow in May!

      Delete
  4. I hope the snow we had earlier this month was our last--but you just never know for sure, do you?
    Hey, the seeding is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is pretty late for my area and it SHOULD be the last one!

      Delete
  5. Well we have had some hard frosts which have not been good for the blossom and new shoots but at least no snow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow doesn't seem to have hurt any of my outside plants. There is a hard freeze warning for tonight, that might be a problem. This snow came and went in under 24 hours, and caused no problems for traffic, so as snows go it was just nice to watch the big fluffy flakes fall.

      Delete
  6. Snow is a novelty for me here in the Southern Hemisphere, not so much when you have to live with it I guess! I hope your grass seed does well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It isn't a novelty here but it is rare this late. The southern parts of the US rarely have snow but I live in the middle so we have some every winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look very pretty. Hopefully that’s the last snowfall and spring is close on its heels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you are not super excited for the snow, but it is kind of pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was pretty, it's just really late in the year and I'd really like to be outside not inside watching it snow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was pretty, it's just really late in the year and I'd really like to be outside not inside watching it snow.

    ReplyDelete