Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Progress report

First off, I retrieved Belle the Bernina from the repair shop this week!
Took Edna the Elna in. ( In the fond but probably unrealistic hope that it will work again!)
Belle is working a treat now!  He adjusted the hook and the tension.
So, Flipflop at the Farm 2 is 1/4 quilted-hopefully without big wrinkles!


I've worked on this little piece some each day.  All that remains is one small spot of stitches, some special stitches and the backstitching. Still have no idea what I will do with it!


The third set of blocks for Trail Mix is underway.  Should finish them tomorrow.
It's been an experience-complete with swearing!


Then I began this-which will end up being a Santa.
I need to acquire some threads.  I hope they have them at my local cross stitch shop!

In  other things,  I continue to recover.  I am not over doing it.
I feel like it will be half way through March before I can say I'm over surgery.
I sleep when I need to-including naps.
Rest and read often.

Lastly, attempting to stay warm with temperatures hovering near 0F (-17C) and high temperatures never rising above freezing and feels like temperature about 20 Degrees lower than zero.  Many layers being worn, even inside. Trips out very limited.
Add in a couple of inches of snow.  Miserable. 
Dangerous.
I do have to say that like a really hot summer, once it gets to a certain level of cold it's just cold.



 

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are spending your time well as you recover.
    I admire your cross stitch. I was never very good at stitching over two threads, but I love the look of it. I mostly stuck to Aida cloth.
    Sorry it is so cold. That is miserable cold! I am not a hot summer gal, but I don't want to have to go out in those cold temps you are having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! I usually do aida as well but these patterns are calling for linen. At least the Santa is over 4! It is still cold, maybe tomorrow we'll get above 0F!

      Delete
  2. So pleased to hear your machine is back..... Sounds like perfect weather to me tucked up reading and resting inside.... Stay warm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have it back and working properly so I can finish some things! Yes it's cold -8F (-22C) they say it will get above 0F tomorrow. At any rate it's still snowing!

      Delete
  3. I just imagine those temps at all......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are taking things easy as your recover from your surgery. Reading and cross stitch are great things for sitting quietly. Good luck with getting through Trail Mix. Hopefully, not too much more potty mouth required. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I finally figured our where I went wrong in the beginning with Trail Mix. The swearing is mostly done-I hardly ever swear, It hurts my ears! Recovery is slow but I'll get there!

      Delete
  5. Good to hear your machine is back and working well. Good to hear too you are recovering well. Hope the next Trail Mix blocks behave themselves. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there with both Trail Mix and recovery!

      Delete
  6. Glad you are resting and that you are recovering. Lots of nice things happening - the almost completed cross stitch is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that little piece-have no idea what to do with it though. At some point I guess I'll just frame it. I think all the rest and sleeping I'm doing at this point has more to do with the weather!

    ReplyDelete