Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2021

How did I do in February?


First up: to finish up making the blocks for Trail Mix.  DONe
Here they are!
I will admit they beat me up and took FOREVER.
There are one or two that may need remaking as I'm not sure of the fabric combinations.
I won't know until I lay out the top.


Next-  Finish Flipflop at the Farm Two-DONE
Quilted, bound and waiting to go to the Actual farm.


Next:  Make progress on the Little house cross-stitch.  DONE!
Wants framing still.


Next up-add blocks to the civil war quilt.
I only managed three but that still makes it DONE


For my One Christmas Item-this little Santa ornament is DONE!


Then I made a couple of hexie flowers, which weren't on the list.
The color is really off on these-they're BLUE!

In other areas:
Read 1 non-fiction book,  Well, hum.  I read three quarters of the book:
 Pioneer letters:  the Letter as Literature.
I do not know how they defined Pioneer, but it was not in any way I could decipher.
I love reading diaries and letters of 19th century folks.
I've read MANY.
That's what I thought this would be BUT
only two were from the 1850's then they jumped to the 1960-70's.
I'd have to say that if someone wrote me a letter like these I would ask them to never write again!  
I just couldn't finish it and it will go live elsewhere very soon!

I did work on the Family History a bit but can't say that I made any progress.

The only total failure was that I didn't order garden seeds.
I did look at and mark the catalogs so maybe soon.

I gave myself the whole month of February to recover from surgery.  
The Doctor released me to real life about 10 days ago so I'm good to go.
I plan to get back into the routine of life beginning tomorrow.

Only 38 days until I can HUG my grands!






 

2 comments:

  1. I am anxious to see your Trail Mix laid out! It looks cute with the plaids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your plaid Trail Mix blocks!
    Flip Flop at the Farm is a colorful delight.
    You have made so much good solid progress on many things. The little Santa ornament is really cute!
    That is an interesting title for a book of mostly letters from the 60s and 70s. Not what I think of with the word "Pioneer".
    Having not been a follower for long, I am not familiar with what you are doing on the "Family History". Are you writing the history of your family, or searching for ancestors?

    ReplyDelete