Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

How'd I do on the Want to do?

 In a word-DISMALLY!


This is the current state of Trail Mix.
I had hoped to have the top together this month.
To be honest this is REALLY frustrating me!
So many pieces to cut, 
and
now I need more fabric-which I've ordered.



I did get the last big block on row three of the Civil War UFO and it's final sashing added, 
Then during the Australia Day Zoom at the Chookshed I did the bottom row.
Guess this is MY Zoom project!
I seem to only work on it when we're Zooming.

I have put some time into this little piece,
It's coming along.


I finished #2020 this month.

That's it for stitching.
What didn't happen?
I didn't begin a Temperature quilt, in fact I took it off of the 2021 list.
I am not especially happy with the fabric I choose AND (it's a big and) there is a glitch in obtaining the high and low temperature.
Recon I need to acquire a thermometer?
I didn't begin the Paper Dolls and I won't until Trail Mix is finished.
I did make a couple of hexie flowers.
I didn't make a Christmas item-that one I'll catch up on.  I did attempt something but it just didn't work!
I took Belle the Bernina into the shop for servicing.  She won't be home for another week or so.
While I read a lot, I didn't finish my Non-fiction book.  I'm taking a win here as I have perhaps two chapters left!

Outside of stitching I ordered:

A new remote for the garage door.  Still can't use it as I need to do something on the big unit.
To do that I'll need to rent a ladder!
AND


Seed catalogs!  Three of them, only two have arrived.  I have to be careful not to over order, it's all so tempting.

As if I don't have enough to do I bought this pattern:


Usually I say that I enjoy January and February as a time to rest and recover.  I'm usually pretty productive.  This year I guess I've had enough rest through isolation and I don't want to do much of anything.  Also, I'm heading into surgery tomorrow (don't panic it's just my gallbladder, a short and simple deal.  I  should be home the same day or Tuesday, latest.)  I haven't felt bad, just off.  I'm hoping things get better after this.

I'm not going to beat myself up about this, stuff will get done.  

Eventually.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your January goal report. I love that everything didn't go perfectly just because it is so normal for all of us.
    Sorry you got frustrated with trail mix. I didn't love cutting it out either, but once it was cut, I sailed through the piecing.
    I didn't get my one Christmas item done yet either. I am joining in on that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the right attitude towards your stitching. If it does get done, great, if not, don’t beat yourself up over it. It is supposed to be fun, after all. I love the little cross stitch pattern you bought. I’m sure it will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. All the best with your surgery. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lot of "want to do's" both in and out of the quilting arena. And it sounds like you accomplished much, even if it wasn't all you'd hoped.
    May your surgery go smoothly and may you not feel off after recovery! You have so much to get done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont set yourself such high goals Gail! You seem to achieved plenty to me as well as having the op on your mind. Hope all goes well with the op and I love love love that new pattern! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pattern! Anyway, I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm sure you will get into the groove for trail mix the others have......
    liking the top so far on your next quilt and I love the little cross stitch pattern it may be a good one to do while your recovering.......take care sending big hugs......

    ReplyDelete