Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2021

So more want to do's


 This is my office! 
A disaster area.
Work on Family Tree charts that are to be gifts for cousins in the front.
I think it will be easier for them to understand this way.
Boxes of Family Tree stuff I took to Nashville that still haven't been unpacked.
The Desk is barely visible and the side table is piled deep!
I think this will need several short cleaning events!
A long one would interfere with my other work.
This is not the only part of the house that needs work, it's just the worst.
Actually, the garage might be worse!

Continuing the Want To Do in 2021 list.
(Want to Do is so much better than goals or To Do lists for me)

There are three 15-minute projects:  Drawing, lettering and photo organizing.
It's really amazing how much you can accomplish in 15 minutes a day.

Next up on my sheets is Food:
Choose a Cookbook of the Month and try 4 new things
Lose 1 pound a week for a total of 52 pounds
Follow the Food Rules-which are
Set a pretty table for EVERY meal
Keep the table clear and clean
Balance the Diet
Eat Slowly and only until full
Make and follow menus
Don't sabotage yourself

I think that at this point I'll just list what I Want to Do in January
Quilting
Assemble all the rows of the Civil War Sampler Quilt-that very old UFO
Assemble Trail Mix
Begin Temperature quilt
Make 4 Paper Dolls
Make some Hexie flowers
Christmas
Make some Christmas cross stitch ornaments
Design a display for my North Pole Cottages
Secret Squirrel sewing
Cross-stitch
Pin Cushions
Begin a Wedding piece

Read one non-fiction book

Order seed catalogues
Order new remote for garage door
Take one sewing machine in for service-I think the Elna

Well, I think I'd best get busy!

8 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea - a Want To Do List. Lots of good projects on it too. That idea for the Cookbook resonates and might get a run at my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning I began leafing through the Cookbook-found at least 7 recipes to try! Seems like maybe I might enjoy cooking again!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are prepared to meet the new year head on!
    Very fun to meet another stateside blogger via Zoom with the ladies down under. :) Look forward to more visits, and wish you well with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the Zooms so much but I can't keep folks straight!

      Delete
  3. Lots more things to do - I like your food rules. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those food rules-hoping they keep me going! I have to admit I haven't managed many of them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with your lists, lots of interesting things to be doing there. Good luck with the weight loss and food management, enjoy your seed catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are into family tree. I have heard it is addicting and so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete