Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Finally finished and other stuff


#2020 is finally finished and delivered to my daughter!
She calls it an accounting quilt-she's a CFO for a construction company.
I can't remember a quilt giving me as much trouble quilting as this one,
I blame the Bernina!
Speaking of the Bernina, it currently at the repair shop.
Good thing I don't need it!

In other stitching:


I began stitching this little one.



This is where I am.  
It was supposed to be stitched 1 over 1 but I couldn't see that!
I'm stitching it 2 over 2 and it's still tiny!
And slow going!
I think it will finish at 5 inches-more or less.
I thought it was going to be pin cushion sized but I think it will be a bit big for that, 
so I've no idea what I'll end up doing with it!

I'm still cutting Trail Mix,
I do have the first block set finished.
I'm really taking my time on this one making sure everything is just so.

I made a new recipe on Sunday!


Chicken Tikka Masala.
There's no Indian eatery near me so I need to learn to make some.
This one was quite good except for being too spicy.
(My Indian friends tell me that Indian food is only really spicy if the person can not cook!)
I will leave out the hot pepper and half the cayenne pepper next time I make it.

I'm not doing much of anything else.
Waiting for surgery on the first.
Mostly, waiting and wondering what will happen tomorrow.
Hope there is a peaceful swearing in above all else!




 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish Gail, even if it was troublesome! Your cross stitch is lovely too. Hope today goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely finish Gail and that cross stitch piece is going to be gorgeous - too nice to stick pins in! Heres hoping all goes well today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The cross stitch was a kit I bought last year-I rarely buy kits-I think my eyes are getting used to the tiny!
      Today has been quiet, he's going to do well I think.

      Delete
  3. #2020 looks great so well worth the effort.....
    I love Indian and also not available for atleast 1.5hrs drive.....
    I enjoy some Thai also.....
    So pleased today has gone well....
    Just been watching it on TV.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just glad that 2020 is behind me! Since Biden was sworn in I feel like I can take a deep breath! The past four years have been exhausting. I know we have to remain alert as the threat hasn't gone away.

      Delete
  4. #2020 turned out well. I’m sure your daughter will like it. The cross stitch is very cute. It could just be a large pin cushion. I’m glad today went well. This should be the turning point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I'm glad #2020 has a new home and she always seems to need blankets. My eyes have finally adjusted to the size of the little cross stitch and it's moving a bit faster now. I hope with everything in me that things will remain calm now that Biden's in office. I'm sleeping better anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks great and sorry you had troubles, hope your Bernina gets sorted soon and that surgery goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Belle the Bernina will be home all fixed up in a couple of weeks!

      Delete
  7. #2020 looks great even though it have you so much trouble. Your stitchery is most charming and would look lovely framed. Chicken Tikka Marsala is apparently the National dish of the UK and not a traditional Indian at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny about the Chicken Tikka! The only place I've had it is at Indian Eateries! My California Girl, Nora, LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful finish I love it.
    I hope your Bernina feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete