Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

My tree


I "collect" quotations.
Things I read and that are meaningful to me.
This one seems especially fitting for this year.

"Nothing ever seems too bad or too hard or too sad when you've got a Christmas tree in the living room.  All those presents under it, all that anticipation.  Just a way of saying there is always light and hope in the world.  And you're lucky enough to have a family to share it with.
J. D. Robb Memory in Death
 
Each year when I place the ornaments on the tree I am besieged with memories.
Places and people,  Christmas past, trips and small collections.


This one my oldest son made for me when he was 4 years old.
He's 43 now.
It always has a place front and center on the tree.
Every January I carefully wrap it in tissue.


A reminder of the wonderful Shetland Sheepdogs I've shared 
(and share--thank you Quinn) my life with.


Reminding me of the ornaments I'ver received as gifts.
This mitten is from Ann Campbell and so it the Koala
above it.
There are others from Chookyblue, Simone, Maria and my children.

 
A little bear bought in St Charles, Missouri.
Scott and I were "seeing what's there" one Thanksgiving weekend.
There are others from trips.
Purchased in Colorado, Montana and Dublin.


There's Santa.
One of many on the tree!


A fragile white dove.
Life is fragile.
Peace is fragile.
Still, 
Let there be Peace on Earth.
.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree Gail, the ornaments from different places and your children are so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy putting it up, except for the lights, and it is on from 6am-11pm every day until Jan 6. I hope you enjoy it too.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely memories and ornaments Gail. I too have decorations that I have collected over the last 40+ years. I find it strange that people can throw their tree decorations away and start again! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. At one time I had several trees and those had "themes" but this house isn't made for them and the actual trees (fake) were wearing out so I'm down to the one. I did give away some ornaments but nothing special. Almost everything on the tree is something special!

      Delete
  3. I love putting my ornaments on the tree and thinking of where they have come from........all mixed like yours........your tree is so pretty.......

    ReplyDelete