Pages

Monday, November 30, 2020

Let the FUN begin!


I've put out my Christmas things and that included hanging ALL the stockings!
It makes a pretty display.
The tree is up and the Santas are out as well.
I left the cottages in the closet this year as I haven't a place to put them.
When the lighting in the great room is better I'll try making a video.
Or,
maybe I'll just take photos.

I have three of the quilts pinned and one of those half quilted, will pin 
#2020 today for the second time!  
I tried a new way of sandwiching them for pinning  
which left the back a mess of wrinkles.
BIG wrinkles.
So,
Unpinned and back to the old way.
Just really wish for a longer picnic table when I have a big quilt to do!

All my shopping is finished as well.
This is the first time I've been done so early 
but,
Knowing I was going to be out of town 
and not going out in Nashville I spent a lot of time shopping on line.
Being sure they would arrive before I left.
I'm leaving gifts in Nashville
Bringing gifts back from Nashville
And dropping off gifts in Columbia on the way home.
THE VIRUS requires adaptations.




 

7 comments:

  1. Your stockings look wonderful Gail. Enjoy your travels, this year will be a bit different that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I smile every time I look at them! I am all about things that make me smile. I will carefully, very carefully travel and enjoy almost two weeks without housework!

      Delete
  2. Those stockings look amazing Gail! When do you set off on your travels? You will be a real Santa. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm pleased with them, although I briefly consider changing the name on my youngest son's as when I made it he was still called Brandon (his first name) and now he is Scott (his middle name) then I just shrug and say NOPE he is and will always be Brandon! At least on his stocking. I leave on Saturday and will return on the 18th. If Santa leaves gift bags and packages in plastic bins then I shall indeed be Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic array of stockings, they look great displayed like that. You have put in a lot of work making them, well done.What will you do at Zoom meetings now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I smile when I see them! I have a quilt UFO that is hand pieced, I expect I'll work on that on Zoom meetings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg the stockings look great and just shows how many you really have done when they are all hanging here together......great display......

    ReplyDelete