Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Zooming right along!

Friday afternoon and evening I spent stitching with the Chookshed girls.  It's always so much fun to just listen to women from far away and to see what they are stitching!  I'm so grateful that Chooky does these.  All the girls "down under" are stitching on Saturday-all day and into the night!  I began about 2:30pm CDST and worked until 9 pm or so when my eyes just got too tired to count stitches.  I spent the time working on Izzy's stocking.  I have done some work on it each day since I finished Ryan's and had reached the point of having only the last snowman to stitch!  (Far left) So with the exception of his pink cheeks and carrot nose I finished him.  Then yesterday I finished the face and began backstitching while I waited confirmation of the spelling of her full name.  ISABEL is about halfway on now!  
This is the last of the stockings!  For the first time EVER I will not have any "temporary red stockings" hanging along with the stitched ones.  
I hope to finish up by the end of October!

 Yesterday and today I worked at making hashtag blocks in yellow and they are finished now.  I'll be putting them up on the design wall later in the week.

In other things, I'm headed out in my camper/caravan. AKA Ceili tomorrow for four nights.  It's time to empty her for the year and it will be good to get away and look at something different.  These walls are starting to close in!

Still working on figuring out the photos, I think I'll be spending some time on that while out camping.  I always try to take photos on these outings so I'll have something to work with.

7 comments:

  1. It was great to see you again at Chookys zoom gathering. Your stocking is beautiful, very special to have no temporary red ones hanging this year! Your hash tag blocks are great - have a great time away, enjoy camping, look forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those snowmen are just so cute! Hash Tags are looking good too. Have a fun time in Ceili. The fall season must make for beautiful scenery. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowmen have been fun! I really like counted cross-stitch more than quilting, not that I won't still be making quilts! I'm hoping for blue skies and lost of color--but I have never been to this park when it hasn't been raining!

      Delete
  3. so happy you joined in again........I can't believe you already have so much of that cross stitch done.......will be very exciting to have them all hanging at Christmas......have a nice time away........

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to "meet" you on zoom! I love your hashtag blocks, and your snowmen are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chooky's zoom parties are always fun (one good thing from Covid) - lovely stocking you are making...enjoy your trip in the van.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great to catch up again the other day. Hopefully we can all do it again before too long. I'm looking forward to seeing the final stocking completed.

    ReplyDelete