Pages

Friday, October 30, 2020

Halloween Cactus!


I think my Christmas Cacti are confused! 
Out of the nine different colors I have all but two are covered with buds and blooms.


They have spent the summer out on the patio-on the shady side of the house-enjoying the air, the rain and the light.  When it starts getting cold, I bring them in and put them in the window in my office, it's warmer up stairs and there's winter sun.  Guess that's what makes them happy!


They will bloom for several weeks and make me smile whenever I see them.  
Really hope something is still blooming when Christmas comes!


 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Gail. I have one of those cactus that lives outside all year and it is about to bloom too, also early 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't bring in many plants from the garden and I have stopped buying them, but there's one more color I'd love to find!

      Delete
  2. They are a beautiful plant, aren't they. I only have two colours, but several plants, as one fell over and a few branches broke off and I then struck them. Of course, they aren't "Christmas cactus" over here - just "winter cactus".

    ReplyDelete
  3. One off the two plants that haven't budded out yet is a start from a start I received in 1973! I've given lots of starts away as well. They are so easy and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would enjoy those flowers too - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What me to bring you starts next time I'm traveling through Utah?

      Delete
  5. They are confused but they do look ravishing. Such a wonderful burst of color as the seasons changes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be so hard to get to bloom-lots of instructions like let them dry out, don't feed them, put them in a dark place etc. In truth all you have to do is put them outside for the summer!

      Delete
  6. They are beautiful. I have a white one with buds on but no flowers as yet. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white one (and the cream one) do not have the masses of blooms that the others do but they all make me smile.

      Delete
  7. I have a couple of hanging baskets with these in and they should have been repotted when I bought them, but sadly that didn't happen, but I see one has little flowers on it, so it's not too late to do soon.

    ReplyDelete