Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Friday Night With Friends


It's time again for Friday Night with Friends!  Thanks Cheryl!
First, I worked on the back stitching on Izzy's Stocking.
There is a LOT of backstitching on this one.
I will have it finished by November's end-I am determined to hang it with the rest!



Then I stitched the final blocks together for a mini quilt.
I didn't have enough turquoise for a row in the hash tag quilt plus I need a small quilt to hang over the door in Ceili to block out the light.  Ceili is decorated in turquoise and brown, well a little navy too!  I'll add some borders today then it will be ready to sandwich and quilt.



When that was finished I sewed the blocks together for three more rows of Hashtags.  I am not putting much (read any) thought into how these go together just pick one up and add it to the others!  The rows don't have any rhyme nor reason either although I'll mess around with them some.

Here are the completed rows so far.  I've run out of room on the design wall!
This is the first time I've done a Rainbow Scrap Challenge Quilt when I didn't just fiddle and fiddle with placement.  I like this one though.

I like it so much that I've decided to do the Big Blocks the same and instead of making yellow blocks (I hardly have ANY yellow in the stash) I'm going to sash and border them with yellow. 

I'll have both of those ready to sandwich soon.
Pretty good night stitching along with friends all around the world!





 

6 comments:

  1. Very productive..... Your cruising on the cross stitch..... Think I need to make some hash tag blocks.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross stitch is looking amazing, love the hash tag blocks, your quilt top so far looks wonderful. Very productive time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hash tags will be colorful and fun when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the hashtag quilt! It was the perfect idea for a rainbow scrap challenge.

    Izzy's stocking is so amazing! That is so much work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look fantastic, very eyecatching, well done.

    ReplyDelete