Pages

Monday, September 16, 2024

My brain is upside down!

No pictures today.   I wouldn't know what to put up.

First, let me just say that I am suffering from a really bad case of burnout.  There isn't any part of my life that isn't affected.  Not sewing, not gardening, not cleaning the garage or anything else, Not reading, not blogging, not reading posts.  NADA.  My brain was fried already and then---

Last Friday my youngest brother's body was discovered in his house.  He was last seen 21 August so decomp  was advanced.  I mean it was hot as well.  

We've had Crime Scene Cleaners inside and they have finished the removal of whatever was left after the Medical Examiner claimed his bit. My other brother and I were reeling and then the cleaners called this morning to say the car and several other things where gone, so now we are dealing with the police as well.  I'm almost positive there will be no will so we have to go through probate--well even with a will we have to go through probate.  Tomorrow, we talk to a probate lawyer to learn about that.  There is SO much to do and we haven't been cleared to even go into the house.  The cleaners said today that the smell would be down to about 80% now that they are finished, there are a great number of boxes to sort though.  We'll take what we want, hire an estate company to sell the rest.  Then everything else will be tossed.  After that we have to decide whether to sell it as is or repair it.  My brain is so full I can't even think properly.  One of these days I'll probably break down and cry but so far I'm just doing the next thing.  

I hope to break out of the fog soon.  If we could just have one week without bad news.

I doubt I'll be regularly posting for a while. 

The good news is that Chris is coming next month!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment