Pages

Friday, May 31, 2024

How I did or didn't do in May!


The first few things on the list were about the patio. 
So, the table got paint-it was gray.  I am proud of the fact that I managed to take it apart, paint it and put it back together without breaking the glass top--alone!
Then the umbrella and its stand came out .  I still need to tweak it a bit to stand up straiter.
I power washed the patio and the front walk which was interesting.  The first time I tried I "Scribbled" clean spots on the patio!  After a good long think about it I realized what I had done wrong and tried again.  It took forever!  Now I think I'll wash it a couple of times a year to hopefully to keep the dirt to a minimum.  
I painted 3 large pots and 3 rail pots blue filled the pots with flowers for the front steps and the rail pots with lettuce seed which is nearly ready for me to eat.
All the flower gardens have been cleaned up and seeds planted.  I still have regular outside chores like weeding to do --as always.
I have stared moving dirt out of the old veggie beds but that will likely be ongoing until fall.

I did get the house clean-mostly. My company came for a few days then flew off to the islands-they return on the 7th.
I finished and hung all the wish bells--they look pretty cute!

One other thing that got some work, at least mental work, is the studio.
More on that tomorrow.
I needed to decide what the studio needed to make it a space I enjoy.  This is hard as it's in an unfinished basement. No natural light.  This is what I decided:
It must be totally organized-with a home for everything and labeled so I don't have to HUNT for anything!
Must be attractive.
Must be WARM in winter.
Electrical outlets and new lights have to be added--so I can get rid of extension cords and see!
At some point I will build out, insulate and finish the cement walls, cover the ceiling and the floor but that is not going to happen any time soon.

What I didn't do was any sewing (not even on Zoom).
Nor did I call an electrician, clean the garage, or my truck.
I did not finish the Australia wall art but I've spent time thinking about it --and looking for my wooden silverware!
I haven't as yet found outdoor art-I've looked quite a bit but haven't found the right thing yet.
Last undone thing was to trim the spruce in the small garden right up against the front windows.  After dreading the project and really thinking about it I've decided to just take it out.  It has grown too large for the space and is too close to the foundation.  Taking it out will only take a little while but requires my little chainsaw and I have to figure out how to tighten the chain on it first.  I'm told there is a screw that completes the tightening but I have to find it.
Lastly, I haven't fixed the fence.  Changing out pickets is simple but the neighbor ran into one section with his riding mower and broke a 2x4 that the pickets are attached to.  I haven't figured out how to fix that yet.

Everything, I do requires research or figuring out how to something, fix something, make something!

Thank goodness I have the swing!
I rest there often and always feel refreshed afterwards.


 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your patio looks all fresh and summery. Lot of work has gone into that. Sounds like a good plan for the studio. Definitely needs good light and warmth in winter. Once you’ve organised and labelled everything it will feel more productive. Hope you are getting nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patio looks great and very inviting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you accomplished a lot in May. You did some challenging job all by yourself. I hope you find some time for stitching in June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness...such a long to do list...thanks for the details...makes me miss my house much much less...good to see you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your patio looks lovely, sitting there on the swing seat would be so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete