Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Day 35 Seeing Sylvia Off, Sunets and stars


Bright and early this morning we were off to put Sylvia and Archie on the bus in Coonamble.  First, we had to have breakfast!  A bun full of flavor!  Egg, cheese, bacon, hash browns and bernaise sauce--messy but oh so good!  (I'll be trying to make that once I get home.)  We also did a bit of sightseeing--the grain storage was incredible!  Huge mound after huge mound of grain covered with blue tarps all managed with equipment that would make me look tiny!
It was sad to see them go but after hugs and waves it was "See you on Zoom!"  That phrase got a lot of use at the end of Scrub Stitching!

So, then Chooky took me shopping.
I bought stuff.  


Warm, wool socks for next winter!  Earrings, a little bird for the mantle collection and the Galahs.  I love the Galahs and will hang this in the photo gallery!
I hit the pharmacy for Tylenol or the whatever has the same ingredient-also dinosaur eggs and beach hair clips.  Chooky needed something from the hardware store--I didn't buy anything there.  
Have you ever seen an automated public toilet?  Coonamble has them, very interesting.
Then it was off to the grocery store where I had a good look at Australian snack food.  I seriously LOVE Violet Crumbles!
Finally found an ATM that worked-I needed cash.  Took some photos of the water tower with it's Galah's--I wish we painted our water towers and silos something more interesting than white or green!
Bought a patch at the Visitor Center!  Can't seem to have enough things to remind me of Coonamble!



I am leaving on Thursday and some details for that trip had to be worked out.  Transportation to Adelaide, hotel room, Kangaroo Island trip etc. So that was done.  Then we took nibbles back to the dam to watch the sunset.
 



And wait for the amazing star show again!  We saw countless satellites cross the sky and two meteors!  Once again we stayed out until we got cold!

From Chooky and I Cheers!






5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time with Chooky! Sunset at the dam looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so more elaboration on the automated toilet would have been fun - my mind is running riot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've been in an auto loo! LOL You and Chooky made the most of your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was so sad to bid farewell to Sylvia and arky...... Playing tourist was fun......I need to send you more pics....... And the sunset and stars on the dam bank was beautiful...... Perfectly still.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violet crumbles are my favourite also........

    ReplyDelete