Pages

Monday, January 9, 2023

That thing with wings.

HOPE!

My word for 2023.  There's great need for hope these days and I need to practice.  Like the piano, meditation, and happiness-they all get better with practice.  I will also continue to look for the JOY in everyday--I didn't do too well with that one last year guess I need more practice!

READ!

Normally, I devour everything printed that comes before my eyes.  I can't help myself.  This past summer I was so sleep deprived I didn't have the mental bandwidth to read Children's Books much less any literary fiction or Non-fiction (history books are often challenging as there is so much information to take in.)  In an attempt to get back on track I have chosen 23 non-fiction books to read this year and I have already finished one!


Using traditional Genealogy methods, DNA, Living History sites and travels to the land of the Vikings the author filled her family tree with more than just names and dates.  In fact, she developed a spiritual family tree as well.  An interesting, well written book which I enjoyed very much!

I have to start up my outings again since the holidays are over.  Must make a list of things to do, places to go, movies to see.

There are other things I will do this year as well.  All very mundane (except for the Australia trip) things like replacing a light fixture and re-doing a bathroom.
 
 Some stitching to do--Chasing Dreams is finally calling my name, but I have to finish trail mix first, and there is always cross-stitch and I'd like to do some clothing construction and some knitting.
That is not all the creative stuff on the list but I should be busy.

Must get past the Procrastination Problem (that's actually the title of one of the books on the list!) and stay off You Tube!

6 comments:

  1. Other than reading non-fiction books, that could be my wish list too. I hope you can look back at the end of the year with a sense of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book sounds interesting. I rarely read non fiction preferring half an hour of a mystery before I go to sleep. I do seem to get through plenty of books though. Hoping for a better year of news! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your reading list. I'd love to see your cross stitching each time it comes out to play. Have lots of fun and relax with what ever you decide to do. How many sleeps/get ups now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read every day and then wonder where the time has gone!! Looking forward to Baradine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a good read and making the 2D family history three deimensional must have been revelatory. The mundane helps to balance the exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of choosing 23 books to read this year. but sad to say I choose books impulsively and Amazon delivers here several times a week it seems. I am presently reading 2 books by Leslie Leylan Fields.

    ReplyDelete