Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday in the Garden

 I thought you might like to see my gardens!


The rail boxes are about finished-I think I need two more pots of flowers.
Also there is lettuce planted in one, Morning Glories in one and Scarlet Runner beans in another. 
The new (and tiny) herb garden is in front of this one!
(Quinn decided she was going to be in this one!)

On the other side of the patio is the Hosta garden!

The leaves on the ones in the back are as big as platters!
All have survived the transplanting of last year-some will need another year, maybe two to reach their mature size but it looks nice.

Now for the Veggie garden!

Bed one is planted with the Three Sisters.
Squash to shade the ground, beans to bring nitrogen to the soil and corn to give the beans something to vine on.  This is an experiment in First Nations traditional gardening.  There are two kinds of both beans and corn and four varieties of squash. 
The corn really needs to get a move on the beans are already vining!
I planted a third row of corn and beans against the fence but only one corn plant has come up.
This row wasn't in a raised bed and with all the rain-water standing on the paths-I think they will be a wash.


Bed two.
Tomatoes, carrots and radishes.  
There are hardly any beets, I just haven't had great luck with beets.



This is the whole garden area, 
Blueberries and Raspberries in the back, covered until the fruit ripens.
Between Beds one and two and the Blueberries are some gourds
and at the end of the blueberry bed are some cucumbers.

It has been very rainy here, with flood warnings.  Tonight, or rather early tomorrow we are to have heavy rain again.  I think every day but one has rain in the forecast!  I have paved roads so Chooky has it worse!  
I am tired of it though, mowing through standing water or mud is not fun!


 


4 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking fabulous. I love the hostas. They always look so lush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful garden area. I wish mine looked that good, yet, I would have to work at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking lovely Gail - love the hosta bed. xx

    ReplyDelete