Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

What to do with Paper Dolls



 This is the current state of Paper Dolls.  All laid out on the floor~the only place big enough to get it all in a photo.  Even then it's not completely unwrinkled. Cute right?
There has never been a quilt that started out as so much fun and became such a problem!
It has been quilted along the seams of the sashing with a curvy stitch which I quite like (and will be impossible to take out!


The problem now is that the blocks are wrinkled.  I think it needs more quilting as the blocks are fairly large 7.5 x 10 Inches I think.  I am concerned about what will happen once it's washed and all the "Glue" holding the pieces down washes out.

I am thinking of adding big stitch quilting around the "Dolls" in white.  I could add some more machine quilting but I don't want to quilt over the doll.

Any thoughts.
Suggestions.
At this rate I will never finish this one!

10 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great Gail. How about doing some free motion sewing around each doll/tree, maybe along the edge of their clothing? For example around the green shorts and the top and the jackals? Around the outside of the tree and flower and bird and then circle around the fruit on the tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be ideal~IF I was capable in the least of doing it!

      Delete
  2. Looking good but yes, I think more quilting will help. Outlining each doll or Sue's suggestions would be great. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sue's idea is actually the best so I'm going to start playing with the quilting of squiggles. If I can get halfway good at it that's what I'll do.

      Delete
  3. Don't overthink it, just have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am-having fun that is. I've decided that I like loop-de-loops better than meandering and using the Bernina to quilt, even though I think the stitch regulator is misnamed! Thanks for stopping off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No suggestions as to how to quilt but it is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll figure it out but it's going to take a while for me to feel comfortable with using the stitch regulator.

      Delete
  6. Hi,
    Beautiful quilt...as I don't quilt my quilts, I can't help, I tie my quilts. But I don't tie on the pattern, I tie the corners...good luck with what ever you choose. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun doing the "Dolls" but quilting it has been a real challenge. I've tied several quilts but that just won't do for this one.

      Delete