Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2022

I'm cold.

 So what do I do?


Move the stitching upstairs!
I can't do any machine work at the moment as Belle is in the shop and Jill is waiting for her to come home and go in herself.  Both have serious tension issues.  Probably due to the fact that the studio is cold.  I've tried everything I know to do to make it warm down there, short of a new furnace that is! Oh well, it is what it is and in a few months I will be grateful for that 10 degrees lower temperature! 
I'm currently enjoying work on the Sleigh,

But Trail Mix is sitting on the end of my table and I'll get to it soon.
When Belle comes home next week I will work on free motion quilting a little each day, ugh.  Still upstairs.

The reason I'm cold?  Besides the fact that the studio is in the basement that is.
We got 7inches of snow last Thursday!
Today, it looks like this.

It's melting fast but more is coming this week!

There was one final finish this week!
You can see it in the photos of the table but here's a close up.


You might remember that I completed it last year!  I just couldn't figure our what to do with it!
So, I added it to the top of a wooden box!  It now resides in my office where is holds my sticky note obsession.

Stay warm.  (or cool if you are down under!)






6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your cross stitching. The box lid looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you moved upstairs. There’s no point in being cold, if you can avoid it. At least you have your cross stitch to keep you out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I moved it up as well, I don't like the mess or the fact that I have to run down to the studio to get something I forgot to bring up. I'm working on a plan for a different location next winter! The Cross-stitch is moving along pretty quickly since no machine work can be done~I have patterns and patterns waiting for me!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear you moved upstairs to the warmth. Your cross stitch looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to add your stitching to the box. No wonder you are cold, I don't think I would handle snow weather very well. And wondering what is a sticky note obsession?

    ReplyDelete