Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2022

FNwF

Time evaporates!  It's suddenly the first 
Friday of February and time for Friday Night With Friends!
I spent the day cleaning.  A good tidy up and then it was off to the studio to deep clean and do some "tweaking" to the room arrangement.
After all that work I didn't have much energy for stitching but the Winter Games opening ceremony was on the TV so I did a little while I watched.

From the "Mom can you fix this" category I worked at replacing a zipper in a jacket Scott especially loves.  I say worked at as I haven't done much of this for a REALLY long time and it's taking several tried to get it right.  Well, that still hasn't happened!  I tried to use heavy thread and even putting it in the bobbin has not worked well, so next up is regular cotton thread.  Maybe tonight.

I also practiced loop de loop quilting-got a ways to go there, although it looks better in the photo than I thought it did in person!  This is what I'm going to do to Paper Dolls.
Once I get better at it that is.


Thank you Cheryl for hosting this fun evening!


 

20 comments:

  1. It does not matter that the zipper is still not fixed, it matters that you were sewing. Your loopy loops look pretty good from where I'm sitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zipper is in now although repairs on the jacket are not finished! I'm learning the loops but it's slow and I'm not ready to do Paper dolls.

      Delete
  2. I hate having to do repairs....the items sits around with me hoping that it will disappear!!!!. Your FMQ is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some mending in the studio! Not too much and nothing hard. I don't usually mind mending except for the constantly changing thread!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining in FNwF... & zips sometimes give grief...
    You are only going to get better at FMQ with the more practise you do.
    Keep going & you'll be great...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dislike clothing repairs too. I hope you can get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mending is necessary but separating zippers are a hughe pain!

      Delete
  5. Quilters do clothes repairs??? Practise, practise and the looping will be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This quilter does! I am practicing, not sure I'm getting better and it's so BORING!

      Delete
  6. Not sure I would tackle a zip on that fabric. Enjoy playing with your quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been much easier if I had done one in the last 20 years! I find separating zippers very hard.

      Delete
  7. Hope you have that zip sorted now - I don't like doing repairs!


    The loops look good - they will get better I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you tackling the jacket/zip...I hope you have had more success since your post. And good looking quilting - they do say practice-practice-practice is the way to go! - I'm sure it will work wonders on your Paper Dolls quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! The jacket is now repaired-I expect the son to show up at any point to pick it up!

      Delete
  9. Good on you for tackling the repairs. Have fun developing your FMQ skills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! The jacket is waiting to be returned to Scott - he lives about 120miles away I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't come after it! FMQ is not fun, and the machine refuses to to sew balanced tension so it's off to the shop tomorrow and FMQ will have to wait until it returns. I'm so sad, NOT!

    ReplyDelete