Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

A finish-not quilting

The jacket is repaired!
I just needed to remember how one put in a zipper!
There were some repairs to be made on the inside as well and in places it's not pretty, 
but he's had it a good long while as he bought it on his honeymoon in Ireland back in 2009!
It's getting a bit threadbare in places but should hold up for another 10 years.
He called me his hero.
Makes zipper troubles all worth it!


I have finished the deep clean of the house.
Thank Goodness!
I swear I've scrubbed this house before!
I can't remember when though.
There are still three rooms that are simply too cold to work in at the moment so that will wait for Spring.

I also finished reading The Immortal Irishman by Timothy Egan.  I always enjoy Egan's books but this one took a REALLY long time to finish!
I just began Eat My Words:  Reading Women's Lives Through the Cookbooks They Wrote by Janet Theophano.   Hopefully that one will go a bit quicker!

I've been practicing the free motion stuff and not feeling the least bit happy with either the process or the results.
I decided I need help.  So I took myself off to Quilter's Station (LQS) yesterday. 
After chatting with the ladies we came to the conclusion that it was going to take me a long time to learn how to do it!  I'd really like to give this to Izzy before she turns 16 so. . .
I'm going to work at just being able to stitch around the dolls (and maybe some of the clothes, hair etc) and leave the rest open.  
Basically, she gave me permission to not do squiggly things!  
So, I'll be working on learning something much easier as soon as I get tension issues straightened out.  I think it might be the cold in the studio so I brought it up today and will see what happens.  If that doesn't work then it will have to go into the repair shop.  I am not terribly found of Belle the Bernina!

I have a collection of crystal prisms that hang in various windows and make rainbows!
I always smile when I see them.
This one is the first time I've seen the colors so true yet so mixed!
The color bands are usually more contained.



 I took the day off today, took a nap etc but tomorrow I need to find my MOJO and find something to focus on in place of cleaning!

5 comments:

  1. It is not often one gets called a hero.
    The rainbow colors are so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a sweetie! That rainbow was so unique~ different crystals make different rainbows, some tiny, some big, some very clear and some very fuzzy!

      Delete
  2. If it is a sewing machine that you do not use very often and it lives in one of the cooler rooms in your home, try bringing it to a warmer room and give it a drop of oil, then the next day let it run empty for a while before you try to sew or quilt with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on the oil, I've had the machine upstairs for several days now but I think I need to let the oil warm up as well!

      Delete
  3. You did great with the cleaning...... Goodluck with the machine...

    ReplyDelete