Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2021

On deciding to redo Paper Dolls.

 


Okay, I'm not re-making the blocks!
I am removing all the quilting, batting and backing though.
I've been working really hard-like 8 hours a day-trying to get this finished by Saturday.
Last night, when my shoulders were hurting from all that moving a heavy quilt around, I hit probably the 20th place where the cornerstones did not line up! 
I thought, "I never want to see this quilt again!"
I was unhappy with the quilting, I was unhappy with the assembly.
Then I thought-"Why would you give Izzy a quilt you hate?"
So, I'm not.
I'll take it mostly apart in 2022, fix the cornerstones, buy some fleece for the backing, then quilt it.  I hope to be happy with it then.

Since I was spending so much time forcing Paper Dolls a lot of other things have been going undone.  That raises my anxiety level and causes sleeplessness!  I hate that!
Things will be better now.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry that you are unpicking your quilting, but if you are not happy then there's not much point continuing. It's a great quilt though so prob worth the extra work. Happy Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least when all is done in in Izzy's hands I'll know it's good work.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, well, it's all my fault I thought I'd try something a bit more than just stitching in the ditch and it backfired!

      Delete