Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Busy week and a "Doll" report

I'll begin with the "Doll" report.
Only made four this week.
Two of them last night.
The Bottom two are supposed to be nurses 
but 
I think they need stethoscopes!
I'll be working out that pattern later.
only 8 or 9 of the original patterns are left 
Then I'll see if I need to make a few more.
I have done NO other sewing
Just playing with "Dolls."

I did quite a lot of cleaning inside--BOO-Hiss!
I've also been working on Family History again for a couple of hours each day.
I have found myself feeling boring lately
so
I'm adding back in things I've always done but which took a vacation lately.

 In other things--
I had Zoe-girl the golden all of the week she's a love bug couch potato.
She loves rawhide chews and the In and Out game.
(You know let me out--2 minutes later --let me in.)
On Wednesday I got the patio door 
(Read post below this one)
On Thursday lots happened.
The house washer came and cleaned the gutters and siding.
White house,  shows dirt!
Then a delighted Zoe went home!
About 5 hours later
Rob and Tanya (the Nashville kids) came with Lola.
Friday,
We went to the K.
To watch our beloved Royals play
BASEBALL!
Amazing moon just coming up at the end of the stadium.


Out of the 15 members of my family 10 of us came! 
(3 live in California and Izzy stayed home with Mommy.)

 
So, from Left to right-Back row:  Scott, Ryan (with the blue hair!) Rob, Tanya and Brayden.
Front Row: Lucas, Kolby, Ethan, Beth and Me.)

Everyone had a total blast!
The Royals won!
There were two homers! 
And Fireworks after the game!
As a family get together it was so much better than hanging out at home chatting!

Yesterday, I did some sewing while Rob and Tanya visited with friends.

Today, Rob, Tanya and Lola have left to return to Nashville.
They'll be driving all day!

Now,  I'm going to work on Family history for a bit and then head down to the studio.
It's broiling hot and we're all melting so the basement cool is quite welcome.

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you went to the game with most of the crew! The doll blocks are fairly intricate and they look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dolls are still fun even though the end is drawing near, they are a bit fiddly but over time I've learned a few shortcuts. The game was SO MUCH FUN!

      Delete
  2. Great to have all your family around you. As you say, a busy week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busier week than I've had in a very LONG time! To have fun with my crew was tremendous!

      Delete
  3. It has been a hectic week. You wouldn’t have time to be bored. It must have been great having all the family together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boredom is my number one enemy-I'm always trying to prevent that! With Rob and Tanya living a days drive away adding in THE VIRUS This was the first time I'd even seen them since December and the first time we've all been together in two years. So, yeah, that was fantastic!

      Delete
  4. Glad you managed a family catchup, they are few and far between in the world we live in at the moment. Those dolls look good, will be lovely to see them all together in a quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family is one that loves to laugh! We sat in two rows so we could chat easier and then played musical seats all night. The dolls themselves will be finish soon, I think the rest will take a while.

      Delete
  5. Love your dolls, how good to have family time. Sounds like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never busy so last week was interesting, I do love having the family together. It hardly ever happens what with them living in several places so it was lovely and FUN! I'm making up for the lack of doll sewing this week, or not.

      Delete
  6. Me too! I'm a slacker this week.

    ReplyDelete