Pages

Friday, November 20, 2020

The "Big Block"top

 


I finished the top  of "Big Blocks" this week!
I'm always surprised at how much I like these scrap quilts
once they are assembled.
I also have the backing stitched together 
and
the binding all stitched!
This one is getting fleece instead of cotton and batting.
It will never "Krinkle" like a regular quilt 
but it is much lighter while still being cuddly and warm!

I've been doing little else besides stitching this week.
I got a bit anxious about getting tops put together 
and decided to just sit down and do it.

Two Flipflop tops will be done by Sunday.
Then next week I'll be sandwiching four quilts to take to Nashville with me.
I'll have LOTS of time down there so I will need LOTS to do!




11 comments:

  1. What a great scrappy quilt - Happy travels/holidays or whatever it is in Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm dog-sitting while my children hit Jamaca.

      Delete
  2. Looking lovely Gail - I love scrappy quilts and fleece will make a great backing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I like it! Surprised by it-the blocks looked boring all alone. I've done fleece several times it works well and is MUCH less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilt top Gail, love it, enjoy your time in Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing my family there, for a day and a half! Quinn will enjoy seeing them and their dog!

      Delete
  5. Isn't it wonderful when you get that itch? I get lots done during those times and it looks like you did too.

    The scrap quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your scrappy quilt Gail, and great work on that stocking as well. Enjoy Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautie! The yellow sashing and white cornerstones were a great choice. Love a scrap quilt!

    ReplyDelete