Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

December Stitching

Each year I make the Grownup kids a bag of goodies-sort of like a stocking.
I try to put something I made in most of them. 
Continuing the handmade tradition,  I made pot holders and trivets for some of them.
They are a bit large but they will be used.



I also made a zipper bag from peanuts material!
I don't seem to have taken a picture though, sigh.
 

Then, because Tanya kept bugging me for some Paper Dolls and since she loves GNOMES I used Red boot companies free Gnome snack mat pattern for her!
They are super cute and my son is never to put a plate on them!

I had promised to make Tanya a set of hot pads to match her kitchen.
These are SO Simple that she tried her hand at it.


She made one after watching me make two! 
She doesn't sew and nearly cried but she did finish and I can't tell the difference.
She says she can but I don't know.  They will be used anyway.


Then I used some leftover fabric from their kitchen valances to make a table runner for the dining room.  They like it and it ties the two rooms together nicely.


Chooky will be delighted with this next part!
I began buying fabric for my Lucy Boston!
The large piece is a Michael Miller fabric that offers lots of possibilities.
Should be fun.








 

6 comments:

  1. always nice to show someone how to sew......OMG I am so excited to hear Lucy is on the move.........OMG Lou will be so excited.......love the fabrics.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to pick up some yellows-I'm going to Paducka, KY on the way home to hit Hancocks. Maybe they will have some. I still need papers and I have ordered glue to try basting that way. I'll be starting later in the year.

      Delete
  2. Another Lucy convert. Welcome to the club. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still need some yellows and papers before I start.

      Delete
  3. Welcome from another new Luciac from Canada. I got the book and some papers and cut enough pieces for the first 4 blocks. What kind of glue are you planning to use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ordering Sewline Fabric Glue Pens-I've never used glue before but I'm trying it as it takes a really long time to thread baste these and it makes my hand hurt

    ReplyDelete